Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Learning will blossom with these activities to help grow little minds!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Flowers & Trees. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Flowers, seeds, trees
• The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
• Flower Garden by Eve Bunting
• Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
• A Grand Old Tree by Mary Newell Depalma
• A Tree is a Plant by Clyde Robert Bulla
Activities at a glance:
• Flower Garden Writing Tray
• Parts of a Tree
• Alphabet Matching Puzzles
• Flower Counting Cards
• Flower Garden
• Flower Petal Counting Activity
• Apple Seed Counting
• Flower Color Play Dough Mats
• Growing Roots Observation
• Exploring Pine Cones
• Leaf Paintings
• Paper Shape Flower Craft
• Flowers & Trees Around Us
• Flower Garden Collage
• Cut and Count Leaf Activity
• Flower Sensory Station
• Flower Seed Mosaic
• Play Dough Tree Activity
• Move Like Trees
• Tiny Seed Race
• Block Tree
• Musical Flower Painting
• What Lives in a Tree?
• Favorite Flower Color Graphing
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.