Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! No need to fear teaching an animal unit, we’ve got everything covered here!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Animals. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Animals, grass, night animals, animal body parts
• Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
• In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming
• Where Are the Night Animals? by Mary Ann Fraser
• From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
• Is Your Mama a Llama? By Deborah Guarino
Activities at a glance:
• B is for Bear Letter Craft
• Animal Beginning Sounds Puzzle
• Animal Color Matching
• Nocturnal Animals Story Stones
• Sorting Nocturnal Animals
• Shape Animals
• Favorite Animal Graphing
• Animals of All Colors Mini Book
• Tall Tall Grass Puzzle
• Baby & Mama Animals
• Tall, Tall Grass Nature Walk
• Night Animal Drawing
• Brown Bear Paper Plate Mask
• Identifying Animal Parts
• In the Tall, Tall Grass Scissor Skills Craft
• Spots and Stripes
• Grass Sensory Bin
• Nocturnal Animals Sensory Bin
• Tall Tall Grass Play Dough Activity
• Can You Move Like This Animal?
• Feeding an Elephant
• Brown Bear Action Song
• Animal Game
• Animal Matching Circle Time Activity
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.