Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Give learning a burst of color with these bright themed activities!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Color. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Color identification and color words
• Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
• A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni
• Bear Sees Colors by Karma Wilson
• Mouse Paint by Ellen Stohl Walsh
• Elmer by David McKee
Activities at a glance:
• Color Word Collages
• Colorful Letter M Mouse Craft
• Vowel Bingo
• Clap If You’re Wearing Blue
• I Spy Colors
• Color Ten Frame
• Number Garden
• Camouflage Mice
• Coffee Filter Color Mixing Science Experiment
• Plant a Flower Garden Rainbow
• Rainbow Flower Craft
• Colorful Chameleon
• Chameleon Sun Catcher
• Colors in My Neighborhood
• My Rainbow Garden
• Mystery Color Play Dough
• Chameleon Hide and Seek
• Colorful Pasta Sorting Bin
• Color Mixing Sensory Bottle
• Color Movement Game
• Color Guessing Game
• “I See Colors” Song
• Elmer Colorful Quilt Activity
Social / Emotional:
• Emotional Colors
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.