24 Interactive thematic activity plans for young children
“Don your pretend hard hats and get ready for some construction themed play and learning.”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool activity plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Construction Theme Preschool Activity Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF activity plan book and printable activity set.
Download these activity plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow activity plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Construction vehicles, tools, rocks
• Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Rinker
• Roadwork by Sally Sutton
• My Truck is Stuck by Kevin Lewis
• Backhoe Joe by Lori Alexander
• The Construction Alphabet Book by Jerry Palotta
Activities at a glance:
• Hammering Letters
• Construction Letters
• Left to Right
• Independent Writing
• Construction C
• Construction Truck Counting Game
• Exploring Weight with Rocks
• Road Sign Geoboards
• Build and Measure
• Stuck Truck Counting
• Construction Site Graphing
• Number Bingo
• Simple Machine Sensory Play
• Color Mixing with Construction Vehicles
• “Rock”in Process Art
• Construction Scavenger Hunt
• 3D Structures with Play dough & Straws
• Construction Zone Invitation to Play
• Construction Crew Counting Sensory Bin
• Rock Sensory Play
• Stop and Slow Construction Movement Game
• Road Sign Bean Bag Toss
• Construction Freeze Dance
• Goodnight Construction Vehicles Recognition Activity
Social / Emotional:
• Respecting Personal Space
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All activity plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Activity Plans.
This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product