Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“From the desert to the arctic, help young learners explore different animal habitats through interactive learning activities.”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool unit lesson plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Habitats Theme Preschool Lesson Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF lesson plan book and printable activity set.
Download these lesson plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
• Desert Night, Desert Day by Anthony Fredericks
• Welcome Home, Bear: A Book of Animal Habitats by II Sung Na
• My Very First Book of Animal Homes by Eric Carle
• In Arctic Waters by Laura Crawford
• I See a Kookaburra! By Steve Jenkins
Activities at a glance:
• Icy Letters
• D is for Desert
• W is for Walrus
• Where is the Animal? Game
• Bear Sorting and Counting Activity
• How Many Bears?
• Thermal Insulators Science Experiment
• Habit Sorting Game
• Habitat Memory Game
• Make an Animal Home
• A Bird’s Home
• Arctic Process Art
• Sorting Animals
• I See a…
• Sand Sensory Drawings
• Who Lives In The Arctic
• Arctic Animals Sensory Bin
• Habitats Play Dough Invitation to Play
• Habitat Walk
• Move Like This Animal
• Animal Habitat Hop
• I Went Exploring Puppet Song
• Desert Animal Game
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.