Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Bring the ocean indoors with these splash-tastic unit lesson plans.”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool unit lesson plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Ocean Preschool Lesson Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF lesson plan book and printable activity set.
Download these lesson plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Ocean animals, reefs, water
• A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle
• I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry
• A Hole in the Bottom of the Sea by Jessica Law
• Secret Seahorse by Stella Blackstone
• Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berkes
Activities at a glance:
• Beginning Sounds Ocean Game
• Bottom of the Sea Character Search
• O is for Octopus
• There’s a Hole
• Ocean Mystery Bags
• Roll and Add Ocean Game
• Ocean Treasure Collection
• Fish Bubble Addition Activity
• Seahorse Cave for counting and colors
• Spin & Cover Shape Game
• DIY Ocean Animal Puzzles
• Learning about Spirals
• Exploring Shells
• Why Doesn’t the Ocean Freeze?
• Snail Shell
• Underwater Ocean Scene
• Seahorse Coloring
• Sandy Beach Pre-Writing
• Pipette Watercolor Ocean
• Color Recognition Fish Sensory Bin
• Ocean Creature Measure and Jump
• Ocean Orchestra
• 10 Little Hermit Crabs
• Touch and Feel Ocean Mystery Game
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.