Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Rainy days can’t keep you down! These weather-related activities are sure to keep your children actively learning, no matter what the weather!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Weather. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Rain, sun, wind
• Weather Words by Gail Gibbons
• What will the Weather Be? By Lynda DeWitt
• The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
• Come on, Rain by Karen Hesse (diverse)
• On the Same Day in March: A Tour of the World’s by Marilyn Singer
Activities at a glance:
• It’s Raining Syllables
• Sorting Weather Words
• R is for Rain Craft
• Word Raindrops
• Rain Drop Math
• Graphing the Weather
• Rain drop bead counting
• Rain in a Jar
• What Does the Wind Blow?
• Make our own Dew
• Weather Spotter Game
• Wind Sock Activity
• Rain Sun Catcher Craft
• What do we Wear
• Give a Weather Report
• Weather BINGO
• What is a Globe?
• Rainy Day Sensory Bin
• Snow Dough
• Play Dough Thunderstorms
• Make a Rainstorm
• What is Your Favorite Weather?
• Touch & Guess the Weather Item
Social / Emotional:
• Emotion Weather
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.