Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic activity plans for young children
“Build, measure, paint and read all about bugs and butterflies!”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool activity plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Bugs and Butterflies Preschool Activity Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF activity plan book and printable activity set.
Download these activity plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow activity plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Butterflies, caterpillars, insects
• The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
• Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
• The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle
• Bugs A to Z by Caroline Lawton
• Butterfly Butterfly by Petr Horacek
Activities at a glance:
• Pool Noodle Name Caterpillar
• Insect Letter Formation
• Caterpillar Alphabet Crawl
• Story Retelling
• Alphabet Matching Puzzles
• Inchworm Measuring
• Counting Inchworms
• Ladybug Counting Craft
• Butterfly Counting Cards
• Inchworm Play Dough Activity
• Handprint Butterfly Life Cycle
• Build Your Own Insect
• Drink Like a Butterfly
• B is for Butterfly
• Egg Carton Snails
• Stone Bugs
• Fine Motor Bug Sorting Activity
• Hungry Caterpillar Game
• Bug Sensory Bin
• Sensory Butterfly
• Bug Exercises
• Sticky Spiderweb
• Make Your Own Cricket Wings
• Butterfly Color Activity
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All activity plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Activity Plans.