Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic activity plans for young children
“Play and learn about the people in our neighborhoods and the jobs they do to improve our society.”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool activity plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Community Helpers Preschool Activity Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF activity plan book and printable activity set.
Download these activity plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow activity plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Firefighter, mail carrier, doctor, teacher
• Whose Hat is This? by Sharon Katz Cooper
• Biscuit Visits the Doctor by Alyssa Capucilli
• Career Day by Anne Rockwell
• Curious George and the Firefighters by H.A. Rey
• Delivering your Mail by Ann Owen
Activities at a glance:
• My Mail
• Read and Write Community Helpers
• Envelope and Stamp Letter Match
• What Job Would You Choose?
• Mailman Math
• Community Helpers Counting Cards
• Community Helpers Graphing
• Bandaid Math
• Learning to Find My Own Pulse
• Flashlight Fire Truck Light
• Fire Truck Shape Craft
• Community Helper Hats
• Hat Matching Game
• Career Picture
• Fine Motor Chalk Fire Game
• Community Helper and Vehicle Matching Activity
• Emergency Vehicle Small World
• Fire Sensory Painting Activity
• What’s Missing Tray
• Ball Games
• Envelope Action Game
• Doctor’s Tools
• Musical Fire Safety
Social / Emotional:
• Thank You Letter
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All activity plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Activity Plans.