Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Investigate your sense of touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight with these fun explorations.”
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool unit lesson plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Five Senses Theme Preschool Lesson Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF lesson plan book and printable activity set.
Download these lesson plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Sight, Sound, Taste, Smell, Feel
• My Five Senses by Aliki
• I See a Song by Eric Carle
• The Little Mouse, The Red-Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by MaryEllen Krause
• The Listening Walk by Paul Showers
• Look, Listen, Taste, and Smell by Pamela Hill Nettleton
Activities at a glance:
• Spiced Up Name
• Five Senses Retelling
• Play Dough Letters
• Which Fruit Is Missing?
• Touch and Feel Numbers
• Sticky Hands Math
• Strawberry Seed Counting
• My Five Senses Graphing
• Exploring Taste
• Colorful Textured Crayon Rubbing
• Classical Music Art
• Five Senses Art Prompt
• Eric Carle inspired art
• Taste the World
• Five Senses Nature Scavenger Hunt
• Sense of Touch Playdough Activity
• Five Senses Collages
• Guess the Scent
• Sound Matching Game
• What’s in the Sock?
• Take a Listening Walk
• Texture Walk
• Five Senses Strawberry Activity
Social / Emotional:
• My Five Senses Journal
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.