Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Say hello to sunshine and sweet summer fun with counting, literacy, crafts and more.“
Get ready for fun and learning with all our preschool unit lesson plans. These thematic units are packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
These Summer Preschool Lesson Plans are digital downloads that you will receive immediately after purchase. No need to wait for anything in the mail.
Each theme contains a PDF lesson plan book and printable activity set.
Download these lesson plans today to:
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
Every theme is comes with recommended reading lists, songs, material lists and more.
This unit includes activities for:
Literacy | Math | Sensory Exploration | Crafts | Science | Social Studies | Gross Motor | Social and Emotional Well Being
Summer, sun, watermelon, lemonade, picnic
• Mouse’s First Summer by Laura Thompson
• Summer Days and Nights by Wong Herbert Yee
• Fireflies in the Night by Judy Hawes
• The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant
• Summertime in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Activities at a glance:
• Summer Words
• Favorite Summer Activity Journal Prompt
• Summertime Then and Now Chart
• Ant Name Recognition
• Counting with Watermelon Seeds
• Watermelon Shape Spin and Cover
• Firefly Counting Clip Cards
• Beach Color Sorting
• Make Your Own Firefly
• Floating Grape Experiment
• Honey Transfer Activity
• Ant Craft
• Firefly Patterns
• W is for Watermelon Craft
• Firefly Sun Catchers
• Making Lemonade
• Grape Sorting
• Torn Paper Watermelon
• Lemonade Playdough
• Shimmery Summer Sensory Bin
• Beach Towel Hop
• Slide Games
• Ice Chest Races
• Can You Build a Hexagon? Building Challenge
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.